Please congratulate the PHS DECA group that competed attheir Regional Competition on Monday 12/10/12. Once again the Greyhounds representedtheir school well competing against over 700 Area 11 competitors. The top 8placers get to move on to state in Bellevue in March. Go Hounds!
· Ryan Pitzer- 2nd Place Restaurantand Food Service Management
· Tyler Nestegard- 3rd Place RetailMerchandising
· Shantara Pintak- 2nd Place Business Services
· Justin Haugen Garrett Fletcher- 10thPlace Sports and Entertainment Team
· Jake Staniszewski- 2nd Place Auto ServicesMarketing
· Tayler Whitehead- 2nd Place Apparel &Accessories
· Sara Nelson- 3rd Place Principles ofMarketing
· Blake Imler Will Hindman- 9th PlaceTravel and Tourism Team
· Justin Cillay- 15th Place FoodMarketing
· Jenna Metzer- 3rd Place Hotel and LodgingManagement
· Jayden Bowker- 5th Place Marketing ManagementAvilaWood- 18th Place Human Resources Management
Please congratulate the following DECA State Participants for the hard work and dedication this year:
· Ben Pavish (Business Service Marketing)
· Shantara Pintak(Business Finance)
· Tayler Whitehead (Apparel& Accessories Marketing)
· Justin Haugen (Sports& Entertainment Marketing)
· Ryan Pitzer (Restaurant and Food Services Management) **2012Finalist
· Jenna Metzer (Hotel and Lodging Management)
· Sydney Reynolds(Hospitality & Tourism Operations)
These eight students recently competed against over 3,400 DECA members in Bellevue, WA at the Washington State DECA Competition. Going against very high competition, this group was very successful with many members placing in the top half of their events.
These students along with all PHS DECA members have been instrumental in the success of restarting a PHS DECA Chapter this year. All the current members are very excited for the future of Pullman High School DEC.
DECA members compete in a variety of events which include categories such as food marketing, retail merchandising, sports and entertainment marketing, business law and ethics, travel and tourism and hospitality. Members present projects,complete role plays and test their overall business and marketing knowledge and skills.