Big6™ 1 Task Definition
· Restate the assignment.
· Write the broad topic.
· Develop research questions.
Big6™ 2: Information Seeking Strategies
· Consider all of the types of information resources that are available (books, web, articles, etc.)
· Decide which sources to use.
Big6™ 3: Location & Access
· Gather sources.
· Skim through each resource to find useful information.
Big6™ 4: Use of Information
· Read, view, and listen to sources as you look for answers to your research questions.
· Record notes and write down sources using sheets or cards.
· List the sources you will use on a bibliography sheet or cards using APA style.
Big6™ 5: Synthesis
· Organize information using graphic organizer, outline, or notes.
· Present information and conclusions.
Big6™ 6: Evaluation
· Evaluate the product you produced.
· Decide what parts of the research process worked.